Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mayer




I wish I had some profound witticism about covering John Mayer, but I don't. All I have to say it's cool to have the kind of access my job provides. Out of the estimated 11,500 in attendance, I could feel the pining to have my spot in the pit from 9,000 something girls aching to be physically close to Mayer. The remaining 2,500 were guys hoping by taking a girl to a John Mayer concert would ultimately receive some kind of "thank you" by the night's end. Still, I bet they probably wondered what it would be like to stand at the stage as they passed the time. One guy on the front row did reach out and touch the stage. That must have been a profound moment for him that I probably shouldn't mock. I hope he really likes the texture of carpet because that's all it was and not tell him he could have the same experience in a Home Depot or Lowe's.

My opinion still stands of concert photography being gratuitous. I think only one or two people in the world can truly make interesting concert photos. Or maybe I was a little hurt when a friend told me that another mutual friend, whom I won't drop their name, sorry, didn't "Follow Friday" me on their Twitter account of cool concert photographers. So much pain....ow. Maybe one day I will be a cool concert photographer and be followed. Oops! Don't have a twitter. Looks like I fail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would follow you on twitter, o great concert photog. WWKKD?!

Sarah Patch said...

Ha, i was about to ask if you got a twitter. :) Nice pics, gratuitous as they may be. I was at that concert in DC. (I paid no money for it. Don't you worry.)

B said...

I think Nate and I are your biggest fans. seriously. these ARE great. Love #__, yes, that one.

Post a Comment