Thursday, March 11, 2010

India Video

GMF India from Kyle Kurlick on Vimeo.



Okay, so essentially why I went to India in October was to produce this project for the organization, Global Ministries Fellowship, GMF. It was my first time to pick up video in about 2 1/2 years, so it's a little clunky here and there. Also, I went over to India not 100% sure of what was going to come from what I gathered and it's really a combination of a couple things I discussed with GMF rolled together. It's things like this I hope to do more of in the future and get more opportunity to refine my ability with this kind of storytelling.

To make a long story short, I have experienced a lot of trouble making this project on a technical level and I am very happy its over. I would especially like to thank Mr. Ben Cole for helping me solve my problems. Also, I would like to say that my opinion of Apple's customer service was tarnished by this experience when they ultimately refused to help me by ignoring me mid-dialogue when I was trying to set up an appointment with their Final Cut person. Shame on you Apple! I have always been such a big fan too. Well, this is it. Please feel free to critique it. I embrace critiques. I couldn't imagine why people only want to get patted on the back and not have a legitimate chance to grow. Also, video isn't my thing and I feel it's important to get better at it.

1 comments:

Post a Comment