Sunday, January 31, 2010

Memphis actually had snow, maybe more like ice, but still was cool (no pun intended)



One of my favorite work days working for the newspaper was this past Friday when the city was blanketed in snow and ice. I spent the day looking for features and watched the entire progression from freezing rain to fluffy snow flakes falling to the city crystallizing in ice. Memphis is completely schizophrenic when it comes to weather. Over early weeks of this year, I have gone from running in the park in shorts to dodging frozen branches falling in my back yard.

Coming from Northern stock, I possess an intrinsic connection to wintry weather. Some people complain about the cold, but I love it and love the fact I have a job that lets me spend my day trekking around my city, making images of this magical rarity.

1 comments:

Brad said...

That last paragraph: Agreed and Awesome.

Post a Comment