Monday, November 16, 2009

A little R&B action



Generally, I'm unimpressed with concert photos, mostly because I grew up around musicians. I've shot people playing guitar and singing into a microphone while hiding behind growing piles of sound equipment more times than I could imagine while I was still a baby photographer. I feel concert images are pretty much handed to you and the situation becomes redundant very fast. Unless for work, I try not to bring a camera to concerts, but it is fun to watch groupie photographers attempt to come up with what they think is a cool attempt at the same image everyone makes. I've never been to a R&B concert before and I enjoyed it. I covered a pre-Thanksgiving concert featuring Charlie Wilson, Babyface and Frankie Beverly & Maze. They put on a good show. So, I had some fun in between getting things for the newspaper. These images are just as formulaic as the next guy's, but it was fun. Enjoy.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Where are the crowd shots?

Post a Comment